With no nearby eateries, I took it upon myself to serve homemade lunch daily to the team. It keeps us going through the day and inspired this discussion of:
Food for the Woke
I don’t know of one particular American dish that is wake appropriate like other countries and cultures. So we set out to define it.
For us, wake food includes any of the following:
- made in advance and better the second day
- made in a 9 by 13 baking dish or larger
- must be delicious, talked over, and comforting
- should be affordable, not unless the decease was extravagant.
- and lastly, easy to transport and eat.
Food has united us. One thing we can all agree is macaroni and cheese is really good, and when everyone is hungry, it's time to eat.
The following dishes were team approved. Make them and you’re sure to please any crowd even at a wake.
Cheeseburger Sliders by Tasty
Red Chili Chicken Enchiladas by Simply Recipes
Best Ever Chocolate Cake by Spend with Pennies
Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing by the Salty Marshmallow
Easy Peach Cobbler by Southern Living
Please like and share.